Top creative tips to make your home feel Christmassy
It’s that time of year again! Christmas is fast approaching and it’s time to put the decorations up. Here are the latest tips and tricks on how to make your home feel more “Christmassy”.
1. Create your own wreath
With most people decorating their homes on the inside, why not do it on the outside? Most people just buy a wreath but there are many fun ways to create your own. Hanging up a wreath on the front door welcomes all of your guests with a festive greeting.
2. Brighten up your home with some candles
Candles are one of the most traditional decorations to have at Christmas. There are many varieties including an advent candle to count down the days. With the room lights off, and the candles on, this will make your home feel very Christmassy. You can also put a variety of decorations around your candles such as pinecones and other greenery to make them look more natural.
3. Focus on the dining table
We all know that one of the best things about Christmas is the delicious food. There are so many ways decorate the dining table which includes:
- Using a candle centre piece with fresh greenery and red berries
- Create Christmas tree napkins!
- Placing decorative table cloths
- Using Christmas crackers
- Using neutral table cloth and slip covers
- Placing Christmas treats such as gingerbread men or candy canes in a jar.
You can also bake some delicious treats, which brings in some fantastic festive smells such as cinnamon, ginger, hot chocolate and Christmas pudding, yum!
4. Play some festive tunes
This really depends on your musical tastes, but playing some calm Christmas classics can really enhance the atmosphere of your home. What are your favourite Christmas tunes? We prefer something like Michael Buble or some Jazz covers.
5. Use lights to make your home shine bright this season
Give your home that extra sparkle with some lights, there are many creative ways to use festive lighting in your home such as:
- Wrapping it around your wreath
- Intertwining it with indoor plants
- Placing it on the mantlepiece
- Putting fairly lights in a jar
- Placing it on the dining table
You can also use various lights on the exterior of your home to make your home feel even more Christmassy.
At Harefield Place there are a variety of apartments, which are perfect for entertainment for family and friends. If you are interested in viewing these luxurious homes, please contact us on 01895 733 523 or fill in our register form
We hope that you find our tips useful, and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!